moving Squid Box to RAID system

From: Dwight Snow <dwights@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:47:51 -0300

Hi all,

Our ISP is looking to move our existing Squid Box( Latest Version
on Slackware 3.6) to a RAID system to support LVD SCSI drives (
Vortex GDT6558RD ) Ultra2 Raid Controller and give us faster
access.

We are presently using dual adaptec 2940uw to support 6 SCSI
drives totalling 80GB of HD space.

Has anyone used Vortex RAID cards, and what is your
experience? Will we see any difference in serving requests to our
users with a RAID card at RAID level 0, as apposed to our current
setup?

Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide.

Dwight Snow