Re: SKYCACHE

From: Matt Buford <matt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:34:54 -0500

What you have to understand about Skycache is that it completely corrupts
your hit count. It presents itself as a client to the cache, requesting
many pages. These requests from the skycache box are counted as client
requests in your statistics (unless you specifically remove them), thus any
indication of hit ratio is false. The only way to get true indication of
how much it helps would be to grep out all the skycache activity from the
logs, then run a report on what is left.

Many people seem to set up skycache then they look in their cache manager
for the hit rate, which is completely corrupted from the skycache feed
process...