redirrectors and user authentication.

From: <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:55:59 +1000 (EST)

hi,

i am using the squidGuard package with squid 2.1 patch 2 and have a question
about the redirrector interface.

squid guard will let you define squidguard acls based on user name.
from the squid faq it appears that squid passes the username that it
gets from an ident lookup to redirrectors (in this case squidguard).

i'm assuming if ident is disable nothing is passed in that field.

I am also using proxy authentication and want to pass the proxy auth
username to the redirrector instead of the ident username.

can anyone suggest a way of getting squid to use the proxy auth
username when passing information to the redirrector rather than what it gets from an ident lookup?

please correct me if i have missunderstood how things work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Bart