Re: selective parent query

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:13:38 +0800

> My proxy must be configured to query that proxy as parent only for
> that web server.
> How to configure for that?
> That web server was not registered to DNS and was accessed via IP
> address only.

Use cache_host_acl. Read the documentation (or config file).

If you want it as a peer for all other items and as a parent for that
webserver, an easy approach is to put a virtual interface on it, use
one i/f as the parent for that one item (via cache_host_acl) and use
the other i/f as a peer. You also want to set the parent as no-query
and put a higher weight on it that other parents possibly.

David.