Re: Redirector including user information

From: Sam Eaton <sam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:04:38 +0100

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 10:26:44AM +0002, Steven Sporen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought I saw this a couple of weeks ago but couldn't find the
> answer in the archives. Is it possible to get the username included
> in the redirectory request line? I want to limit access based on the
> username. Anybody got this working?

I'm using the username as part of a filtering system using a redirector.
I had to make a couple of small changes to make the authenticated
username available to the redirector consistently.

This was on squid 2.0patch2 - and I sent my patches to this list at the
time. I haven't looked to see if they're needed on any more recent
versions of squid.

Sam.

Sam Eaton                  Senior Systems Manager, Pavilion Internet Plc
         "Fortified with essential bitterness and sarcasm"