Re: Why doesn't cookies work?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:35:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Peter van Dijk wrote:

> > Squid _may_ cache a page that contains cookie headers. If it does, it
> > should remove the cookie headers (I believe this behaviour is according
> > to spec). Some ill-designed sites may not work well with this sort of
> > thing. I note both are Microsoft sites.
>
> I note that Hotmail is only Microsoft-owned, and still running Apache on Solaris
> because NT couldn't do the job.

You mean Apache on FreeBSD, not Solaris. AFAIK, Solaris is used for
the mail spools (NFS?).

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users. It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."