Re: CLF and ELF logs (REPETITION)

From: James Porter <webmaster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 01:51:48 -0400

I have the following question. This is a repost of what I sent directly to
Mark Kennedy who wrote the squid section of code I am concerned with. But
after a month I haven't heard a response on it. I'm basically needing to
get referrer and agent information to be present in the SQUID logs so that
I can do more accurate log analysis for where people are coming from.

Helpful information would be appreciated to the utmost.

James.
----------------------------
Sorry to have to bother you again on this question and I really appreciated
your taking the time to answer originally. I'm finally in a position to
recompile and at the same time I was going to take squid 1.1.20 to 1.1.22
as I am not yet ready to upgrade that Server from FreeBSD 2.2.6 to FreeBSD
3.1R whic I believe I need to do to go to squid 2.

I have one question really. When I issue the following after an initial
make of squid which gets the work directory created. I then issue...

./configure --prefix=/squid --enable-useragent-log=yes
--enable-log-full-headers=yes --enable-dlmalloc=LIB

followed by

make install

But I get no real confirmation that this has taken hold other than in
config.status. In fact I insert something silly like
--enable-checkthis=yes and everythin still appears to compile without
warnings. Are the above
the "correct" compiler tags? Frankly, I'm just scared of crapping out the
smoothly running 1.1.20 but I need those agent and referrer data elements.
Plus I wasn't sure if 1.1.20 to 1.1.22 required me to purge the cache
directory or not.