squid-2.1PATCH2 stopps to work

From: Rainer Klier <Rainer.Klier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:56:42 +0200

Hi,

we are using squid-2.1PATCH2 (with memoryleak patch) on irix 6.5
and linux 2.2.5 (suse 6.0).
Yesterday these 2 caches simultaneously stopped to work (still
accepting connections, but they did do nothing anymore).
We found out, that our provider (where we have to access their
parent proxies) changed one of his proxies from Netscape to
squid at that time. We were not able to make our proxies run
again unless I did comment out this squid parent proxy.
I have this proxy as cache_peer myparent3.their.domain parent 81 7
no-query no-digest round-robin in my squid.conf.
Any clues, why squid simply stops to work ?

Rainer

--
   ______
  /|     |  Rainer Klier  | Wahr sind auch die Erinnerungen, die wir mit
                  http://www.erl.sbs.de/personal/rrklier/ (Siemens int.)