Re: squid and HTTPS

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:19:29 +1000

adm@seriat.fr wrote:

> Is there a way to proxy HTTPS sites with squid ?
> I haven't found anything related to HTTPS in the documentation or FAQ
>
> Thanks.

HTTPS is also known as SSL.
Squid can and will proxy this, using a protocol called SSL tunneling.
SSL tunneling means that the client is able to open a connection to the
SSL server through the proxy, and the proxy will forward data both ways
and completely ignore the content (which it cannot understand because it
is encrypted)