how does squid work?

From: Eric Dahnke <edahnke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:51:57 -0300

I won't bother any of you with how do I install squid, because I've got
it up and running beautifully on a Masq. network. Makes surfing fast as
ever. Very impressive program. Cudos.

I've been lurking waiting for this question to be asked, and have been
unable to find it in any of the documentation. How does squid work?

Really what I want to know is how does squid deal with cached images and
html when those images and html may be getting updated 'out there' on
the internet. How long do the cached images stay cached. When they
expire (assuming they expire) does squid go get the updated copies, or
are the cached files simply deleted and refreshed upon the next visit.

Anyone up for a two sentence explanation?

cheers - eric

Spark Sistemas
   - presentado por IWCC Argentina S.A.
   Tel: 4702-1958