Re: how does squid work?

From: Tim Burgess <t.burgess@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:28:26 +1000

Dear Everyone,

How does squid behave when it has an object in its cache which has no expiry
information? It obviously doesn't just automatically assume it is expired,
and do an IMS request every time (since we still have normal TCP_HIT entries
in our access.log for non-expiry info objects) because then every entry in
the log would be TCP_REFRESH_* and never a TCP_HIT - not many sites provide
expiry info. Is there a preset TTL for objects with no info?

Thanks,

Tim