Re: What is the meaning of each error message?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:47:05 -0600

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Squid Mailing List User wrote:

> Hello, I've looked through the FAQ and previous postings to this
> mailing list and have been unable to find an explaination of each of
> the errors that cause squid to use the following files in:
> '/usr/lib/squid/errors/English'

It may sound like a stupid question, but have you tried to look at the
_contents_ of those ERR_ files?? Each file describes the error and often
lists several possible causes... One can even use a browser to view those
files (except that Squid %escape-codes will not be substituted with real
info, of course)

Alex.