Re: Are squid headers configurable

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 22:13:54 +0200

Irfan Akber wrote:

> Are squid headers (Headers that squid returns when connecting to port 3128)
> configurable i.e can I define different headers and recompile. Would it
> cause any problems.

Are you interested in the headers, or the error message returned?

Error messages are configured in the etc/errors directory.

Changing the HTTP headers of the error messages makes very little sense
unless you have a very special situation..

Squids version number is defined in include/version.h, and is by design
required for error pages (it can be put inside a comment if you do not
want to have it visible).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker