Re: Can "Too many queued dnsserver requests" .

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 22:08:11 +0200

rodrigo.castro@rediris.es wrote:

> We have a problem with an error that kill our squid server. This error is:
> "FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests.". We can see it in squid log file.
>
> When this error appears, can squid server go on running or not?

When Squid encounters a fatal error then it restarts itself to clear up
the situation (this is unless you have disabled restarts with the -N
option, in which case Squid terminates).

The above error message is likely caused by an overloaded DNS server, or
when there is a major Internet network breakdown. Try running a caching
DNS server on the same machine as Squid to take some load off your other
DNS server.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker