re: Squid 2.2.2-STABLE2 RPMs - part deux

From: <Ted_Rule@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 16:50:33 +0100

Another minor little thing.

The ACCESS_DENIED error message which comes by default has something like:

[root@intranet English]# cat ERR_ACCESS_DENIED
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>ERROR</H1>
<H2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</H2>
<HR>
<P>
While trying to retrieve the URL:
<A HREF="%U">%U</A>
<P>
The following error was encountered:
<UL>
<LI>
<STRONG>
Access Denied.
</STRONG>
<P>
Access control configuration prevents your request from
being allowed at this time. Please contact your Cache Administrator if you feel
 this is incorrect.
</UL>
</P>

Like many others , I presume, I feel it's worth modifying the reference to the
Cache Admin in ALL the
ERR messages to be a HTML mailto: link. Plus I noticed the ?subject trick for
Feedback on Andrew Herrick's
site for his response mailto: link. Along these lines, might I suggest the
default ACCESS_DENIED message
has the broken URL added to the mailto:, as in:

[root@intranet English]# cat ERR_ACCESS_DENIED
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>ERROR</H1>
<H2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</H2>
<HR>
<P>
While trying to retrieve the URL:
<A HREF="%U">%U</A>
<P>
The following error was encountered:
<UL>
<LI>
<STRONG>
Access Denied.
</STRONG>
<P>
Access control configuration prevents your request from
being allowed at this time. Please contact your <A
HREF="mailto:%w?subject=Access to %U denied">Cache Administrator</a> if you feel
 this is incorrect.
</UL>
</P>