FreeBsd or Lynux

From: Milda Mimiene <milda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:12:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

Sorry for my troubles. I have one very simple question. At the moment our
cache server powered by Solaris X86 2.6. (It is Pentium II with 256 RAM
and 6GB for cache and serves about 700 000 request/day, more than 1000
use this cache server). Our heads decided two buy newer computer for this
purpose. I think it will be Pentium II/450MHZ, 2x8GB.
I don't want to install Solaris X86 2.6 again as in my opinion it is not
the most suitable OS for cache server. Today I've a lot of articles about
FreeBsd and Lynux, there comparison an etc. But at the moment I haven't
final opinion. I would like to ask you? What you will prefer: FreeBsd or
Lynux?

With regards,

Milda Mimiene
Kaunas University of technology