Can you help me?

From: Wang Yuyang <w_yuyang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 20:40:11 PDT

Hi there,

I have some problem with the Squid proxy and I think you guys out there
might be able to help me. For various reasons for our projects I am writing
a little network program to download the webpages into our database. And for
a certain reason I have to get to the outside network through the Squid
proxy in our company. Now I connected to the proxy, and I sent a normal
simple HTTP command like

"GET http://www.cnn.com HTTP/1.0\n"

to this proxy, but it seemed that the proxy could not parse the right web
address from this command. Maybe the Squid proxy expects a data format that
is different from this one? Does anybody out there know what kind of the
data format to communicate with this proxy? Or can you please just point me
to the right reference? Thank a lot.

Regards
Yuyang