Re: Caching dynamic pages (CGI) for one service/server

From: Maciej Kozinski <Maciej.Kozinski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:00:48 +0200 (EEST)

Knut A. Syed:

> I would like to cache pages for one specific service, (actually one
> server,) even if they contain the strings "cgi-bin" and "?".
>
> The URLs looks like this: http://www.foo.bar/cgi-bin/article?id=1234
> These pages rarely changes, but if someone does a reload/refresh I
> would like the cached copy to be updated.
>
> How do i force Squid to cache these pages? I have tried to use a
> refresh_pattern without success.
>
> The server does not send a "Last-Modified" for these pages, only "Age: 0".

Maybe you forgot removing cgi-bin and \? from hierarchy_stoplist and had
no_cache acl set up for such a regexp (e.g. is in squid.conf)?

Try placing such a pattern in the beginning of your refresh patterns list:

refresh_pattern /cgi-bin/ 60 50% 120

M.

--
           Maciej Kozinski         http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/
	   Remember: Un*x _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about