Re: Proxy_auth and Novell NDS.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:08:45 +0200

Umar Goldeli wrote:

> As the subject says... can this be done? :)

Probably yes.

> I.e. has anybody written a nice bit of code that they would be willing to
> share with me? :)

If you have a NDS PAM module for your OS, then I have a PAM
authenticator for Squid available on http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/

> The alternative that I am thinking of is exporting the NDS tree via LDAP
> and writing a squid proxy_auth prog to query the ldap server... (speaking
> of.. has anybody done this too? :)

There is at least two different LDAP authenticator modules for Squid
available with somewhat different approaches on how to authenticate
users (one uses LDAP as a UNIX passwd repository, one uses LDAP binding
authentication). I think there is a reference somewhere on
squid.nlanr.net.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker