RE: too many TCP_DENIED messages ...

From: Mike Wohlgemuth <mjw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 20:46:17 -0400

It is a RealPlayer G2 thing (and it might be some other versions of
RealPlayer as well). It doesn't understand proxy authentication. When we
first turned on proxy auth after running for over a year without it, we had
tons of these requests, one a minute from a bunch of different hosts, in
fact. People who had installed RealPlayer G2 prior to our instituting proxy
auth kept sending this, but those who installed it afterwards didn't. The
solution was to track each user down and get them to turn off the updating
of Channels in the Content section of their preferences.

Mike