Re: security of proxy authentication

From: Peter Polkinghorne <Peter.Polkinghorne@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 16:58:25 +0200

> On Fri, 14 May 1999, Peter Polkinghorne wrote:
>
> > We have 20,000 users - so a separte password for web access is not on.
>
> Why not? 20K passwords can be stored in some kind of a fast search tree
> using less than 2MB of RAM.
>
> Alex.

Sorry - I was not clear - it is not the quantity of storage, it is the
administration overhead - users forget, have to be told new passwords,
be able to change.

All this is possible - just would be nice to have one password that can be used
securely ...

| Peter Polkinghorne, Computer Centre, Brunel University, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH,|
| Peter.Polkinghorne@brunel.ac.uk   +44 1895 274000 x2561       UK          |