Re: Outlook and HTTP-mail server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 17:34:14 +0200

Mike Barnes wrote:

> So far, so good - I opened a remote WebDAV server (Apache 1.3.6 using
> mod_dav) via Squid using IE5's Web Folders. Copied a file both ways, deleted
> a file and renamed a file. All happy.
>
> I'll be a bit crueller to it when the server moves into its new job sometime
> this week. But first test looks good. PROPFIND, DELETE and MOVE requests
> seemed to do what they were supposed to do.

Read RFC2518, and WebDAV can not yet function properly throught Squid.
Squid will only transmit the request headers, parameters encoded in the
request body will be forgotten (and thus the request will hang).

I'll look into this shortly. I have long time disliked how this area of
Squid is made, and this is only one more motivating factor for remaking
it into a sane mode of operation.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker