Re: -URGENT- objects unremovable from cache and no_cache doesn't work

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:40:01 +0200

Oeschey, Lars wrote:

> urlpath, but no help, the classes still are in there. I've tried the purge
> method that is mentioned in the FAQ, but i just get a 404 not found
> (www.yahoo.com worked, so the method seems to work). Desperately I went so

PURGE should work. What is seen in access.log when the java application
is loaded? Have your PURGEd all those URLs? (PURGE can only remove
specific objects, not a whole site).

To wipe the whole cache you start Squid with empty cache directories.
Running squid -z only creates the tree structure if it isn't there
already.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker