Re: Access Control

From: Maciej Kozinski <Maciej.Kozinski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:31:56 +0200 (EEST)

Tony:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BE8ABF.F2D22EC0
>
> I have a problem with using the Proxy to access an ftp site using a web =
> browser.
> If I try to access an ftp site on anyother port except 21 using the =
> proxy I get the following error...
>
> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed
> at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
> incorrect
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
> Thanks
> Tony

This is probably due to the acl list of safe ports in default squid.conf. If
you use default configuration created by the make process, you should find
and edit the following line in your squid.conf:

acl Safe_ports port 80 21 443 563 70 210 1025-65535

add the desired port into the list and restart squid with "-k reconfigure"

Regards,
M.

--
           Maciej Kozinski         http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/
	   Remember: Un*x _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about