Re: Over 4 billion served?

From: Richard Stagg <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:07:38 +0100 (BST)

Dave,

I find the easiest way is to do this retrospectively using the logs and
Perl.

It's not too hard to read the logs a line at a time, using things like
TCP_MISS and TCP_HIT to indicate which cumulative total to add the size of
the request to.

Regrettably I can't give you my script for doing this as it is embedded in
some rather more customised stuff.

Rgds
Richard Stagg

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Dave Strout wrote:

> Is there a place in the cachemgr (or elsewhere) that I can get a total
> number of bytes served in some period of time? I see the % hit rates, but
> what I'd like to know is how many bytes didn't go over the slow link, but
> instead came from squid.
>
> Thanks,
> dave.

Richard Stagg