assertion failed and squid restarted

From: Tan Juay Kwang <jk.tan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 23:08:52 +0800

Hi, fellow squid users, recently after I tried out squid2.2-STABLE2, I keep
getting the assertion failed error under high load (>3000 hits / minute).
This error, as far as I know, is not reproducible, sometimes it happns,
sometimes it doesn't.

This version of squid is compiled using cache digest, snmp and gnuregex and
linked against the GNU malloc. The exact message is as follow :-

assertion failed: store.c:404: "e->store_status == STORE_PENDING"

The machine is a PII 350, 5x4GB HDD on a single SCSI controller running BSDI
4.0. There are 4 cache directories serving 2560MB of cache each on each
drive.

Would appreciate if anyone could give me some pointers.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Juay Kwang
Systems Engineer, Pacific Internet Ltd