Re: Trouble of Squid2.1PATCH2

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:54:01 +0200

At 01:22 AM 5/21/99 -0400, mbailey@journey.net wrote:
>Sounds like you are out of drive space or Inodes. One of the two.. I would
>check your inode count first..

[...]

>> There are enough spaces on the disk, though.
>>
>> Platform is Solaris2.6, and the machine is Ultra2.

[...]

I've seen this before. Solaris2.6 aparenly makes per default file systems for a
"smaller" number of "large" files and so reducing the number of inodes. This is
not the case with solaris2.5.

The only solution (besides just reducing the cache size per filesystem) is make
a new filesystem with a larger number of inodes. See the manpages on your
Solaris box for info on how to do that.

Marc
Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm

  Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a
         few weeks of captivity, they can train Americans to
       stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.