Re: Modified squid to allow user groups based acl's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:18:30 +0000

Alessandro Bruciamonti wrote:

> In details, I define some user groups using a database and
> then permit or deny access to some sites with acls based on
> group properties, using a proxy_auth directive with an
> external authenticator program that queries the database.

A similar thing already exists in Squid-2.2 and later, based on plain
text files (loaded into memory at startup/reconfigure).

acl group1 proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/users.group1"
http_access allow group1 group1-only-sites

There has also been thoughts about changing the proxy_auth_program
interface to allow returning of group names, as well as introducing a
companion helper for group membership lookups.

Any help with the latter is appreciated.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker