Re: squid not serving out cache digest?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:38:49 -0600

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Tan Juay Kwang wrote:

> Hi there again, I've notice that some of my squid servers are not serving
> out cache digest information to it's peers. I'm pretty sure the digest is
> available because I'm able to look at the stats from the cache manager.
> However, the cache.log shows that the siblings are unable to get the digest.
> The message is as follows :-
>
> 1999/05/24 05:31:55| temporary disabling (Not Found) digest from
> palo7.pacific.net.sg

Be sure that your peers use the same host name that you use internally.
Your peer might think that you are palo7.pacific.net.sg, while your Squid
believes it is "10.0.0.1" or localhost or palo.pacific.net.sg or something.
Due to some internal restrictions (not specific to cache digests) peers
must use the host name that matches server's idea of its host name. In most
cases, the "internal" name will be just the regular and "obvious" FQDN, but
there are exceptions.

You may want to contact your peers and check that they use the correct name
in their squid.conf files. You can adjust your cache name using
unique_hostname and/or visible_hostname options.

Alex.