no direct access

From: Karsten Siebert <Karsten.Siebert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:02:24 +0200

Maby it is a silly questions. How can I achieve that a client cache only asks for data from a parent cache, not looking directly for the content in the NET. For routing purposes I have set up two caches - one as a parent, one as a client. Users have only access to the client cache. If the client cache does not find data, it should then go only to the parent to ask for content. The parent has access to the network. When I check the log file of the client , I see direct requests, i.e. TIMEOUT_DIRECT for files.

Thanks,

Karsten