Squid and HTML meta tags

From: Tan Juay Kwang <jk.tan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 01:34:45 +0800

Hi, I would like to confirm some stuff regarding Squid honoring (or not
honouring) HTML meta tags. I've come to realize that Squid ignore the HTML
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> tag and continues to cache
this particular object. Would appreciate if somebody can confirm that this
is normal behaviour.

If this is, then am I right to say that only a Pragma=no-cache served out by
the web server is honoured by Squid? Is there any other way to prevent Squid
from caching an object with a normal URL? (ie. no special characters such as
? = etc etc)

Many thanks.

Regards,
Juay Kwang