Re: ulrParse: Illigal Character in hostname error

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:03:46 -0600

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Aqeel wrote:

> Second, I can run squid succesfully.Without errors.
> But when I am running RunCache prog:, a error is generated in cache.log
> file
>
> urlParse: Illigal Character in hostname 'web_sat'

This is just a warning for you that somebody is using a site with an
illegal character ('_') in the hostname. It should not be related to the
way you run Squid.

> assertion failed: HttpRequest.c:69:"request"

You need to get a coredump and send a stack trace (at least) to
squid-bugs@ircache.net. See FAQ if you need instructions on how to do that.

Alex.