Re: how do setup squid to not cache certain domain

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:30:36 +1000

Julie Xu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyway to set squid to stop cache the local web sites? I know it can
> be done on Web browser Netscope or Internet Explorer, but only users can
> setup. I would like to setup on the proxy server (squid) to stop users
> to use cache server for local pages.
>
> Any comments will be appreciated
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Julie

Let's get our terminology straight here:

Do you want to not CACHE the objects, or do you want to not PROXY the
objects. If you're not PROXYING that involves setting up the client
correctly (possibly with an autoproxy config file). If you're fine with
PROXYING but don't want them CACHED, then that's squid configuration. We
can answer either....if we know which question you're asking.