Re: Squid enhancement thought

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 16:37:48 +1000

Dax Kelson wrote:

> I was working on a commercial caching box today, the only feature it had
> that Squid didn't was the following.
>
> When a user requests a html document, the commercial box scans that html
> document for additional objects (mostly images) and starts retrieving
> those immediately. Shortly after, when the client requests those objects,
> the cache box either has them already, or is already getting them.
>
> Could this be implemented in Squid?
>
> Dax Kelson

This could be implemented in a small bolt-on peer proxy (with limited
loopback). Squid isn't really equipped for content-scanning. I have a
small bit of software which DOES act as a content-scanning parent to
perform a variety of tasks, but it's IP, and in any case, I need to
finish debugging the damn thing. The data-stream gets mangled now and
again.