Re: Squid enhancement thought

From: Allen Smith <easmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 04:32:44 -0400

On Jun 2, 4:24am, Henrik Nordstrom (possibly) wrote:
> Dax Kelson wrote:
>
> > When a user requests a html document, the commercial box scans that html
> > document for additional objects (mostly images) and starts retrieving
> > those immediately. Shortly after, when the client requests those objects,
> > the cache box either has them already, or is already getting them.
> >
> > Could this be implemented in Squid?
>
> Could: yes, Is: no, Given priority: very low.

A minor version of this that wouldn't be nearly as hard to implement
(I've looked at doing it myself, although it's currently pretty far
down on my ever-growing list of tasks) would be requesting and caching
any cachable referred object (referred via HTTP responses, not HTML
coding).

        -Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu