trouble

From: Matt Broughton <mbroughton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 06:25:41 -0800

I am attempting to run a proxy under another proxy. The first proxy is on a corporate network, which my proxy computer is part of. Upon reading the squid.conf file i found a section that says

"if squid is inside a firewall and there are local intranet servers inside the firewall then use something like:

acl local-intranet dstdomain foo.net
acl local-external dstdomain external.foo.net
always_direct deny local-external
always_direct allow local-intranet
never_direct allow all "

previously i had tried to use inside_firewall oz:80 (where oz is the name of the firewall at the top of my corp network) That didnt work...so i tried firewall_ip 10.10.22.14:80 (oz's ip) that didnt work either. now im trying this but cant seem to get it to work. What i need is a proxy that will allow my computers out to the network and can browse pages or ftp sites within the network (im working on a cluster under this firewall) but not allow anyone from the network in...but it also needs to go through oz (the whole corp networks proxy) and get on the internet...the proxy machine has 2 cards...the one coming in from the corp network has an ip 172.22.*.* the one going out to my network has an ip 192.168.*.* if anyone can help me it would be VERY much appreciated...

Matt

       Non illegitimi carborundum est.
(Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes.)

LookSmart … or keep looking.
http://www.looksmart.com