Re: what is FLAPON & PROPFIND ?

From: Federico Giannici <giannici@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 11:32:18 +0200

Dave J Woolley wrote:

> > From: Jorg B. [SMTP:jorg_b@cwo.com]
> >
> > 1999/06/03 15:06:29| parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method 'PROPFIND'
> >
> This has been discussed on the list recently. It is
> inappropriate use of a new HTTP method (in, I think,
> a draft standards stage) by, I believe, Outlook.
>
> Fixes: Stop people trying to access Outlook mail servers
> through your cache, or complain to Microsoft about
> inappropriate use of new methods, or look through the list
> archive for possible source patches to make squid handle
> this.

Unfortunately the currently available patch solves only a part of the
problem so currently squid cannot work with Outlook Express 5.

This is a GREAT problem expecially for all the people using squid with
trasparent proxy!

And Microsoft doesn't help to avoid the problem because it uses a miriad
of OE5's mail servers, from many different networks.

I'd like to know if any of the squid developers is currently working to
solve this problem, or if I have to find some other solution...

Thanks,