Re: Listening on Multiple tcp_incoming_address

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 21:21:29 +0000

Marlon Anthony Abao wrote:

> hello,
> is there a way to force squid to have multiple 'tcp_outgoing_address'? my
> caches are sitting on 3 slow links. each link is configured to accept a
> specific IP block. if i can configure squid to send out 3 different
> outgoing addresses, one at a time, i could load-share (sort of) my load
> across the three links.

Squid currently does not have this functionality built in, but it can be
done anyway.

What you do is to make three virtual parents and use there to route the
traffic out throught the respective interfaces.

virtual parent == a small proxy running on the same host but bound to
the specific interface.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker