Re: POST method

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 13:48:31 +1000

Irfan Akber wrote:

> I am writing a small proxy server. How does POST works so that I can
> include that in my proxy server. It works for GET but with POST it fails.
> Which rfc should I read for this ?
>
> Irfan Akber

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt

POST essentially has a content body, so it's rather like a response to a
GET, but going in the other direction. You can use much of the same code
with it.

Remember that POST responses have to be treated _VERY_ differently
however, with respect to caching and validation