Re: Squid blocks everything

From: Ole Moller <olm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:24:39 +0200

Written by 22:30 06-06-99 -0500,Chris Dillon
>I use an external redirector that I wrote in PERL to do the job.
>There is a redirector written in C called Squirm that should work very
>well.

>In other words, if someone visits http://www.denied.com and your
>redirector then returns http://www.yoursite.com/blocked.html instead,
>Squid creates a cache object for http://www.denied.com with the data
>for http://www.yoursite.com/blocked.html in its place, which is wrong,
>IMHO.

Maybe you problem is that you only make a rewrite ie just change the url in
the redirector, and not make a redirect. Try change the redirector to
return 302:http://www.yoursite.com/blocked.html instead. This may solve
your problem because the client/browser then would be redirected to the
blocked-page without getting the redirect being cached.

I do see your point though and might agree with you that it is wrong that
squid caches the document as the original url and not the rewritten url. I
havent had any problems with it myself and it could be that there are some
clever thoughts (or a old hack) behind this behavior.

Ole Møller olm@cybercity.dk, Sysadm CyberCity Internet
Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?