Re: using squid with foreign sites

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 19:13:48 +0000

Dan Larsson wrote:

> I read about one situation earlier where users had to connect through a cache to
> be able to connect to sites outside the country. Is there any information available
> for how to set this up or pointers on how to achieve this?

You have to find a foreign cache who is willing to peer with you. Doing
this without having any accosiates whom you already have agreements on
other areas is not an easy task.

> Since we pay a higher fee for traffic to foreign sites help regarding this would
> be very appreciated.

To that there is no cure, except finding someone else who accepts to
take the cost which are not very likely to happen.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker