Re: [Q] Can I install and run squid as a root?

From: Chris Pickert <cpickert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 02:17:43 -0700

Yes you can, but if you were to read the FAQ or the configuration
examples, you would see how you specify to squid what UID/GID you would
like the daemon & various programs to be run as. This effectively
changes the user in which squid is running on your sysetm and eliminates
the "root" scare.

        - chris

--
==] Christopher Pickert (cpickert@worldinter.net)
==] System / Network Analysist & UNIX Technician