Re: How to use authentication with FTP

From: Chris Pickert <cpickert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:29:25 -0700

We just recently went through this entire discussion on the list not more
that 12 hours ago =). Squid is a HTTP proxy/cache, it cannot handle FTP
caching or proxying in any way. Subsequently, there would be no way to
"authenticate" any ftp access via Squid.If this _IS_ possible, it would all
have to be done with an external program. I'm not sure of any names so I'm
sorry, but I can't point you in the right direction. If you're looking to
limit what ftp site your users go to, then you'll have to that inside your
firewall and that's another entire discussion. =) Hope this helps.

    - Chris

--
==] Christopher Pickert (cpickert@worldinter.net)
==] System / Network Analysist & UNIX Technician