Connecting to a SQL server from a Linux Box

From: Rafe Slattery <fluffy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:16:13 +0100

Hello squid-users,

  I am trying to connect a Linux box running perl DBI to an M$ SQL server.
  What is the best way to go about this? I have Perl DBI runnin
  fine... (currently connecting to an Oracle DB). Can I use the Sybase
  drivers in the same way as you can under NT? i.e. Sybase client can connect
  to SQL database for SQL statements.

  I tried installing the DBD::ODBC drivers and they told me I needed a
  Driver manager. Had a look at the DBD list but could not find any
  version which looked like it should be for M$.

  Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. Sorry if this question
  has come up recently and I missed it.

Best regards,
 Rafe mailto:fluffy@dspsrv.com