Re: Viren

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 00:55:12 +1000

"Unger, Christian" wrote:

> HI Volks
> ------------
>
> Is it possible to use a virus scanner for squid to scann ftp or any binary
> download streams. Does enyone know a scanner wich I can use under linux?

Hmm. I'm starting to think I _should_ release the source-code to my
content-scanning proxy parent. The code is in an embarassing state,
however. I'll take a few days to think about it and then tidy it up. I
just converted it for use to handle ipv4 and ipv6 hosts, anyway. I'll
probably take the IP parts out, and release the rest.

Of course, you have to _write_ any stuff to actually scan the content,
but the option is there (since I scan for some stuff already).

...Now, that being said, don't bug me about this for a few days, okay?