X-Forwarded-For ?

From: Xavier <xavier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:58:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi *,

We have a strange problem accessing ColdFusion websites with Squid!
We are developping an procedure to allow only OUR IP's to access
web sites. If a user uses our proxy, we use the X-Forwarded-For to
get the user's IP.

Problem: ColdFusion complaints about the variable name:

Squid send: X-Forwarded-For

and Coldfusion needs: X_Forwarded_For (do not ask me why!)

How can I fix the problem? If I recompile Squid to change the variable name,
can this cause others problems? Which product has reason? "_" ou "-" ?

Help!

Xavier Mertens,                 *  *     EuroNet Internet
Network Operation Center     *      *    a subsidiary of France Telecom
XM3-RIPE                   *