Re: what is 'round-robin'

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:29:00 +0000

Chuprynin Nicholay wrote:

> Hello, All!
>
> 1) Could anyone explain what exactly 'round-robin' mean?

a b c a b c a b c a b c

> 2) Is that option useful for me if I have two parents one of which is
> more preferable than other?

Nope. Only if the parents are equal.

> Generally, I want to use one (non-icp) parent in most cases, and other
> (icp) only if first parent failed to serve requests from my cache.

ICP peers are currently always preferred to non-ICP peers, and there is
currently no way to prioritize non-ICP peers other than assigning one of
them "default" status. So what you can do is to make the preferred peer
"default", and configure the other (ICP capable) peer as a non-icp peer
without the "default" option.

> Direct way is the most undesirable.

prefer_direct off
takes care of that.