RE: Why should squid not be run as root?

From: <danielrod@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 19:39:42 +0900

Simon,

I have one more question, if you don't mind. Instead of using "nobody," I
created a user called "squidadmin" and use this to run squid.

You said:
> In general it is wise to give any process the minimum rights necessary for
it to do its job.

Is there anything that I can/should do to minimize the rights associated
with "squidadmin?"

So far, I did a "newuser squidadmin" followed by a "passwd squidadmin," and
nothing else.

Thanks!

--Daniel