Re: Proxy Authorization as ACL in Squid2.2.Stable3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:14:49 +0000

Suresh Ganu wrote:

> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> acl timerange time 06:00-20:30
> acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
> acl bigboss src 15.128.8.200/0.0.0.0

Remove /0.0.0.0 from bigboss.. as written it effectively maches "all".

> Squid1.1.20 did exactly according to my goals.

I doubt it did, but if you say so. If it did then it didn't work
properly.

> Squid2.2 asks for password but does NOT verify workbees source IP addresses!

True. A "proxy_auth REQUIRED" ACL either matches the request, or asks
for authentication.

> ident_lookup_access does not seem to work.

Are you sure? Do you see ident requests being sent to other hosts than
workbees?
(ident_lookup_access is not an access control, it controls if an ident
lookup should be performed or not).

> What is the solution or the difference?

Read up on Squids ACL functions.

Squid reads http_access lines top to bottom, and if every acl mentioned
on the http_access line matches then the http_access line as a whole
matches the request.

What you probably want is something like this:

# Allow bigboss access at all times without any password
http_access allow bigboss

# Allow authenticated workbees access during "office" hours
http_access allow workbees password timerange

# Deny all other
http_access deny all

--
Henrik Nordstrom