linux and ipchains

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 07:42:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have come across a small problem using transparent caching with ipchains
and Linux 2.2. I wish to have some web traffic forwarded directly to the
origin servers, and this traffic must have the IP address of the
requestor, not the IP of the cache server. The problem being that at this
time, all requests to these web servers are being logged as the IP of the
cache, and access controls based on IP addresses are not working.

Is it possible, using ipchains, to insert a rule before the 80->3128 port
redirect, based on destination IPs, to forward a request without address
modifications in order to preserve the IP address of the original
requestor?

Sincererly,

Chris Conn